Sunday, January 08, 2006

My Nokia 9500

I was searching for lot of excuses to get myself a PDA. I'm not one of those guys who wants to hold the latest gizmos. Rather, I have to convince myself a lot to buy one. Finally, after the number of excuses to buy one tipped the scales, I immediately proceeded to pick up one. I had, in the meantime, done my homework and decided on the Nokia Communicator 9500. In my list of excuses, business(nice word, actually it is donkey's work) took the highest priority. So decided to go for it. Wi-fi avilability took me towards 9500 from 9300. Scrounged around and picked up a used model from ebay for Rs.17000. Been 2 weeks now and I don't have ANY reasons o regret my decision. I am not a user of any machine. I straoght take it to beyond the boundary line and watch the fun. For eg. when I get a time bound trial software, I first(without using), change the system time to past the expiry date, kill it and then check for the openings.Today my 9500 maybe groaning, but thats the taskmaster I am as far as gadgets and devices go. Believe me, it's a worthy machine.

I have surfed using wifi. Will get my gprs connection setup this week. bluetooth works, trying to surf using bluetooth. used 'documents to go'. usd 'movie maker''s to stuff movies, made ogg files for audio, ringtone mp3, etc etc. system is handling it very well. touchwood, the system is yet to crash/freeze! I have heard a lot of freezes and crashes with the windows os. in fact that was the last straw that took me to the symbian.

and they lived happily ever after(hopefully).

i have a signature for mails which goes like this:Maya, even this shall pass away(doesn't it contradict the last statement above?, well, that's maya)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home